Peach & Tomato Salad
They say, “what grows together, goes together.” When it comes to summer time crops like peaches and tomatoes, I could not agree more. Like many recipes I create, this one was inspired by a delicious dish I experienced at a restaurant in San Diego. The sweet and savory notes of the tomatoes are enhanced by the juicy punch from the peaches. I like to use two different tomato varieties to add complexity. Add in quality olive oil, balsamic vinegar, basil, and some burrata (or a good whole milk mozzarella) and you have a delicious meal or side dish. It is one of my favorite summertime lunches!
- 2 ripe peaches - sliced
- 2 ripe tomatoes - sliced
- Burrata or whole milk mozzarella
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Basil - torn into small pieces
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
*This recipe is largely “to taste” meaning that the amount of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sea salt, and black pepper depend on what your palate likes.
1. Place the peach and tomato slices on a plate
2. Drizzle the olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the slices
3. Add the burrata or mozzarella
4. Sprinkle with sea salt and ground black pepper
5. Garnish with basil